- 1 cup almond milk, or other dairy-free milk of choice
- 2 scoops Protein Superfood Rich Chocolate
- 2-4 tablespoons maple syrup or agave, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, optional and helps create the fudgy flavor
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour into a loaf pan and place in the freezer until frozen solid, about 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy!
On those hot summer days, or at a delicious backyard BBQ, there’s nothing quite like a chilly bowl of ice cream to cool off and indulge a little! You could run to the store and pick up a tub of dairy-free ice cream, or you could grab 4 simple ingredients from your kitchen and blend up this protein packed, dairy-free chocolate ice cream.
So, let’s see if we can list all the great things about this recipe:
- It’s ice cream…
- It’s easily dairy-free with your favorite dairy-free milk
- There’s a total of 40g complete plant-based protein! You can thank the 2 scoops of our Protein Superfood for that.
- It’s naturally sweetened
- You can make it in a blender
- If you make it in the morning, it’ll be ready to enjoy by the afternoon!
One of our favorite ways to customize this recipe to cure those sweet tooth cravings is to add fresh berries – blueberries, chopped strawberries, even pineapple chunks – to the ice cream mixture before freezing. Give it a try with your favorites and show us your creations on Instagram by tagging @AmazingGrass!